Truffle Salami Polenta Fries
- 1⁄3 c The Truffleist truffle salami (about 1⁄2 of a salami), finely minced
- 2 c water
- 1 c whole milk
- 1 c polenta (not instant)
- 2 tsp kosher salt tt freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 c parmesan, grated
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Add finely minced salami to a cold pot.
- Place over low heat, allowing some of the fat to render out and the salami to soften, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour in the water and milk, and bring to a low simmer. Whisk in the polenta, and season with salt and black pepper.
- Continue to whisk occasionally as the polenta cooks, until it has absorbed all the liquid. Turn off the heat and stir in the parmesan. Let sit for about 5 minutes, to finish cooking and to start cooling.
- Grease a small baking dish, and transfer the polenta into it, pressing down evenly.
- Let the baking dish cool slightly, then place in the freezer for about 20 minutes to set. Alternatively, place in the fridge about 2 hours, or overnight. When the polenta has set, preheat the oven to 450F.
- Flip the polenta out of the baking dish and onto a cutting board.
- Cut into fries, in the size you like.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and lay the fries out evenly.
- Brush with the olive oil, then place in the oven.
- Bake for about 15 - 20 minutes, until the bottoms are golden, then flip the fries over and bake another 10 - 20 minutes, depending on size, until they’re golden all over.
- Remove from the oven, and serve with Truffle Parmesan Ricotta Dip!