- 1.5 cups whole milk
- 0.5 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon truffle sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Melt butter and stir in flour on medium low heat until combined. Cook for 2 minutes then add warm milk and whisk. Simmer until thickened (approximately 5 minutes) then add cream, truffle sauce, salt and pepper. Reserve for later.
For the Cheddar Truffle Crumb Topping
- 2 Tablespoons cheese powder
- 4 Tablespoons parsley
- 2 cups toasted sourdough bread
- 1 Teaspoon truffle salt
Add all ingredients to blender and pulse until croutons have been broken down to a crumble.
- 5 pound low moisture mozzarella cheese (can use string cheese)
- 1/4 Truffleist kunik
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheddar Truffle Crumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix cooked macaroni into cheese sauce on medium heat.
- Once coated, add 1/2 of the mozzarella or string cheese. Stir constantly until you see the cheese starting to get stringy.
- Turn off heat and add the Truffleist Kunik.
- Pour into a casserole dish, top with the remaining mozzarella and cover with the Truffle Cheddar Crumb.
- Bake for 10 minutes and serve.