Truffle Tomato Tart
- 1 ea sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ea heirloom tomatoes
- 1 ea small shallot
- 1⁄2 c parmesan, grated
- 1⁄3 c goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp kosher salt tt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs The Truffleist truffle oil
- 1 ea egg
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Drizzle the olive oil onto a baking sheet, and use a pastry brush to grease the baking sheet. Place the puff pastry in the center.
- Slice the tomatoes no more than 1⁄4 inch thick, and slice the shallot about 1⁄8 inch thick.
- Sprinkle the parmesan evenly over the puff pastry, leaving about 1 inch of empty pastry around the edge. Repeat with the goat cheese crumbles.
- Overlap the tomato and shallot slices over the cheese, then season with salt and pepper.
- Fold the pastry over the tomatoes, pinching at the corners to secure. Whisk the egg well, then use your pastry brush again to egg wash the frame of pastry.
- Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the pastry is golden.