- 1 cup Truffle Bechamel (see recipe below)
- 4 slices Black Forest Ham
- 8 oz shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 Tbsp Truffle Mustard by The Truffleist
- 4 slices country sourdough bread
- Lay all of your bread slices out, spread thinly with béchamel sauce on each slice.
- Add one layer of ham, then a thin layer of Truffle Mustard, and a sprinkle of cheese to half of the bread slices.
- Top the ham and cheese with another slice of bread, making sure to leave the béchamel facing up. Sprinkle the top layer of bread with more parmesan and gruyere,
- Bake until bread is toasted and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- 4 c whole milk
- 6 Tbs unsalted butter
- 2 Tbs The Truffleist Flagship Butter
- 1⁄2 c flour
- 1 Tbsp Truffle Mustard by the Truffleist
- 1 Tbs kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tsp ground white pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp nutmeg
- Melt butter and Truffle Butter in a saucepan.
- Whisk in flour and cook, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes.
- Gradually add milk, stirring well until the mixture is smooth.
- Cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened.
- Season with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and whisk in Truffle Mustard, salt, white pepper and nutmeg