- 1 ea frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 1 ea The Truffleist truffle bratwurst
- 1 ea egg
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut the bratwurst in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into 3 skinny strips, giving you 6 strips.
- Cut each of those strips into 3 pieces, resulting in bite size pieces.
- Cut your puff pastry in half, and then cut on the diagonal, alternating, to form long triangles as wide as your bratwurst pieces.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. In a small bowl, whisk the egg until smooth.
- Place the puff pastry triangles on a clean surface with the points facing away from you. Brush the points with a tiny bit of egg wash.
- To form the pigs in blankets, put a piece of bratwurst at the bottom of the puff pastry triangle, then roll it up towards the point, gently pressing to seal. It should look like a tiny croissant.
- Place on the baking sheet, then repeat with the rest of the puff pastry and bratwurst.
- Brush the puff pastry with egg wash, then place the baking sheet on a rack centered in the oven.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until puffed up and golden.
- Serve with The Truffleist truffle mustard.