- 1 c arborio rice
- 4 c chicken stock
- 3 Tbs The Truffleist truffle butter
- 1 sm shallot
- 1/4 c white wine
- 1/2 c parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch asparagus
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Finely chop shallot. Cut asparagus into small pieces. Heat chicken stock in a pot.
- In a medium pot, melt 2 Tbs truffle butter. Gently saute shallot with a bit of salt until completely
- translucent, about 3-4 min.
- Add rice, and toss to coat in butter. Let the rice cook in the butter until it starts to become translucent.
- Add wine, and stir to combine. Allow most of the wine to absorb into the rice.
- Start to add your stock, 1/2 c at a time, stirring it in. When the liquid has been almost completely
- absorbed, add the next ladle of stock.
- Continue to add stock, stirring regularly, until rice is al dente and creamy, about 20-30 min. When you
- think the rice is almost ready, add in chopped asparagus.
- Finish with remaining tablespoon truffle butter, and grated parmesan, and season to taste.
- To serve, grind pepper over the top with more parmesan.